Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Saga of the Uppity Bath Towel

This is the tag on my bath towel.  My basic, run-of-the-mill, dry-myself-off-with-it-everyday bath towel.  I had never really read it until today.  Do you see what this tag says?  "Machine wash blah-blah, delicate cycle..."  Delicate cycle?  Seriously?  Who does this towel think it is fooling?  Delicate cycle, indeed.  Self important piece of terry cloth.  Or, so I thought.

Then I kept reading, to the bottom of the tag where it says, "do not iron."  Hahahahahahahahaha.  Do not iron! As if there was ever a chance aytch-ee-double-ell I was going to iron my bath towel.  Now, I know the towel is just a joker.
~~~~~~~~~
 Hubband's parents are coming to visit this week, so I may not be around much.  Or, I may be around a lot more than usual.  It could go either way.

7 comments:

  1. I love your mind Tracey! Good luck with the folks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, the in-laws, so that explains the fetish with ones towels. Why is Egypt such a source btw, you'd think that with only a strip of arable they would have better thing to put in it rather than little white puff balls used to slough water from ones carcase.
    And in my house things do not get any choice, it's blast-furnace high tumble-dry or not at all. If you remove them while hot, it saves on the ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to go read my towel labels.

    Have fun with the in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Tracey. I am always looking at labels and saying, "whatever" before I throw them in with everything else. Otherwise the high-maintenance laundry would never end!!! Like my big sister always says: "There's the ideal, and then the real".
    Hope you had a great weekend and lots of energy put into the kids by those in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I never believe 'dry-clean only' either. To my mind cleaning without water isn't cleaning. I haven't ruined anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your week is going well.

    I totally ignore labels too but have been known to shrink things, if I'm entirely honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA!
    Tracey...would you post about this unique word called iron...WHAT is an iron??????

    ReplyDelete