Friday, November 26, 2010

The Week in Kids

This week...

We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the week of Thanksgiving.

Samuel and Cate had their first experience with snow.


It wasn't all good.

"Ow!  It's in my eyes!"
"Look, Mommy.  I found my mittens."
"Now, what do I do with them?"

We weren't out there long, but we left tracks.


The snow has since melted, the rain has returned, and all of this beautiful land scape now looks like dirt soup.

Also this week...

Jonah found an old castle in the attic.  It used to be Daddy's.  It has not been under siege in awhile, but it proved worthy of conquests.


Also this week...

Samuel and both of his grandmothers (we brought one with us from California) built a gingerbread train.  It was a pre-packaged kit.  Sam is only four.  He doesn't have a whole lot of patience for making a Notre Dame of  gingerbread, like Jonah is planning.




Also this week...

Getting Cate to bed in a strange place was a bit of a challenge.  She shared a room in the attic with Daddy, Sam and me.  The first night, I had to hide out in the stairwell, watching to see if she tried to get out of bed.  Which she did, every time she stopped crying.  From there, I heard Sam whispering his form of comfort and encouragement.  "Go to sleep, Catie.  Go to sleep, Catie."  He is such a sweet big brother.

Also this week...


Jonah was a real live grown up boy.  He was helpful, and polite.  He played quietly alone.  He was nice to his little brother and sister.  He even joined the men, when they drove into Seattle to help my his aunt and uncle  move.  Oh, and he lost another tooth.  I feel like we will be visiting colleges soon.

Also this week...

We gave thanks.  We ate turkey.  And stuffing.  And potatoes.  And pie.  Sam had four pieces.  And, I gave thanks some more.  I am blessed, and so are you.  I hope you had the opportunity this week to be thankful.

See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and anecdotes about your week with family. Makes me a wee bit sniffly as I miss my own. Our lovely snow just North of where you are is now slush, too. Boo hoo.
    I love the little 'bird' tracks all over the yard. Our girls spent an hour building a snow man last night as they knew the white stuff would not last. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely visit Tracey!
    I too, have SO MUCH for which to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos as always. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. It's all a bit of a mystery to me being English. Do you have turkey again at Christmas? Do you give presents on Thanksgiving? It must be hard work having Christmas so close to this family celebration. Does everyone celebrate Thanksgiving?

    We have amazing snow at the moment. In fact we're completely snowed in - very unusual before Christmas. Is very beautiful but kind of a major deal if we have to go anywhere...which we kind of do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice when you kids are angels while visiting others? ha. It just makes it so nice. Looks like yours had loads of fun. Love the antique castle (haha..sorry Hubband) and the gingerbread train is so very cute! I may have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww....sounds like an overall wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sense your peace, reflection, and sincere thankfulness in this post.

    May it continue throughout the Christmas season.

    ...and if it seems to dissipate here and there, may you get it back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like a lovely visit - snow and grown up behavior and grandma hugs. And that gingerbread project - wow! Oh, please let me have grandchildren like yours some day!
    (but not real soon.)

    ReplyDelete