Wednesday, November 24, 2010

For These Things, I Am Thankful

Freedom from Want, by Norman Rockwell

This list is by no means exhaustive, or even thorough, but it is what I have to offer on this Thanksgiving Eve.  In no particular order...

I am thankful that we made it 1000 miles to visit Grandma and Grandpa, yet managed to just miss all the ice and snow.

I am thankful for the DVD player that straps to the back of my headrest, giving my children something to do for the fifteen hour, two day drive, besides ask, "Are we there yet?"

I am thankful that Jonah spent all day today on the farm "adventuring" and not once asked to play a video game.

I am thankful for Cate's laugh and playful personality.

I am thankful for Samuel's cuddles, saved just for me, and sometimes Daddy.

A cold attic room (shared with my smallest children, sleeping soundly) a warm, pre-heated bed (thank you, electric mattress pad), and my net-book.  Hubband has not flown in yet, so I am cuddled up with you folks, for whom I am thankful.

I am thankful for Nana and Grandma, and all of the other people who have my back and pick up my slack.

And Hubband and Jonah and Samuel and Cate, healthy and happy, all.

I am thankful for my salvation.  Thank you, Jesus.

I am thankful that, compared to many people in the world, I live this a queen.  Thank you, God. 

Hot running water, flushing toilet, a big cold box called a refrigerator.  Let's not take these things for granted people.

And, to quote the lyrics of the song Sam sang at his Friendship Feast...

I'm glad I'm not a turkey, a turkey, a turkey
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving day.
They stuff you, and baste you, and then they want to taste you.
I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving day.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

5 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY you are hanging at Grandmas's for TURKEY day! So many things to be thankful for....we are headed to Gram and Gramps for a bountiful feast today too.

    Have a BLESSED Thanksgiving dear Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your cozy, grateful joy, and I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!
    God Bless on your return home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You drove that by yourself? Bless you! So glad you got there safely and the kids are having fun! If we did a trip that far away, we would most certainly need the dvd player for the back seat! haha.

    ReplyDelete