Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Week in Kids

This week...

Cate turned two.  Yay, Cate!


This is a birthday card I found.  The little girl is not Cate, but she looks just like her.


See?  They are identical.  Except that the parents of the child on the right, had the foresight to make their little girl start earning money for college early.  Why didn't we think of that?

There was little fan fare, as most of the family had been sick.  That is why she is still in her pajamas in the pictures.  But there was a small pumpkin spice cake, with two candles.


So small, Cate thought it was all hers.


Yum!


But, wait.  If you let me cut you piece, there is whipped  cream.


In honor of the big occasion, she got her own potty.  She seems very interested in the whole toileting process, so we think we might train her soon, much younger (and smaller) than we did the boys.  That will require a much smaller commode.  Two birds, one stone; she got a pink frog potty as a birthday present.



But now, I am having second thoughts.  Knowing my girl the way I do, I fear the potty, and her demands to use it, may just become one more way to manipulate me.  Am I ready to drop everything on the whims of my two year old and her bladder?  We'll see.

Also this week...

Jonah lost his first tooth.  Yay, Jonah!

I tried several times to get a good picture, that showed his face, and his gap-toothed smile, and wasn't blurry because he wiggles too much.




Until finally, he had had enough.


That is his genuine grumpy face.  When I see it, I know he has been pushed to the brink; it's serious.  But, he is just so darned cute, I can barely stop myself from grinning.

Also this week...

Samuel found my old guitar. 


He loves to see and hear people play the guitar.  Why don't I ever play any more?

See you next week!

6 comments:

  1. I truly thought that was Cate in the first pic!! The kids are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the resemblance is uncanny!

    Glad everyone is feeling better!

    happy birthdya to Cate and happy toothless grin to big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally thought that was cate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Cate! The resemblance to the college-fund earning child on the card is uncanny!
    My uncle had a lower lip like Jonah's and apparently my granny used to say, "I could land a plane on that lip!"
    I used to play the guitar too, but now there is no time to play the few chords I used to know. I still play the piano a bit, but that's like riding a bike since I've been playing almost all my life.
    Hope you are all recovered now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the joys of potty training! Remind me, later, of how Isaac was potty trained - that was a fun memory! NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of Cate starting in on the whole cake is a winner. Happy birthday, little miss, and may you keep thinking that you deserve all the good things that you surely do.

    ReplyDelete