Friday, October 8, 2010

The Week in Kids (that is really just one day)

This week...

We went to Apple Hill, a co-op of apple growers, wineries, and one brewery, in and around Camino, California.


I went almost every year as a kid, and we have kept up the tradition.


There was a hay maze.


Turns out, hay and eczema don't really mix.



There were pumpkins.

"Okay, boys.  We can do this easy, or we can do this hard, but one of you is coming home with me."



There were caramel apples.


There were apple donuts, though Grandpa thought they were his secret.

"Look! A plain white bag full of apple donuts.  Hand 'em over old man."
There were things to climb on.


And wide open spaces in which to run.


And, if that weren't enough, after our Apple Hill adventure,we went to Nana's house.


Where Jonah played bear-slayer.


Samuel played trains.


And, Catherine played with a ball peen hammer.

You think that would be enough to exhaust any three children, but Samuel, as he was being tucked into bed, still had enough energy to bellow at his Daddy, "Good night, Poopy Butt!"

It was a good day.

Also this week...

Well, there really wasn't much else of note.  Sorry.  I'll try harder next week.  Speaking of...

Next week...

Our schedules are changing.  I usually write when Jonah and Sam are at school and Cate is napping (like now, if you can call that thumping sound, which I recognize as a little girl bouncing in her crib, "napping").  Next week, Sam will be home before Cate's nap, and there goes anything I had resembling mommy-time.  I don't know what this means for my goal of 200 posts before my anniversary on October 26, or the quality of those posts if I actually reach my goal.  I guess what I am saying is, Read at Your Own Risk.

See you next week!!!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post, great photos - your kids are really beautiful. Oh no though - losing your on your mummy time is truly a disaster! The weekends drive me crazy because Hattie doesn't sleep properly when the other kids are around either. I'm DREADING when she stops her afternoon, pre-kids-home-from-school, nap. Poor you. Don't stop blogging though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pumpkins, so little time!
    Great post friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just get up at 5 am for that Mommy time. ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete