Monday, October 10, 2011

Cook It If You Got It.


In honor of National Clean Out Your Fridge Week, I did just that.  Well, sort of.  I examined the contents of my refrigerator, and considered the possibilities.  That is how I came to serve what can only be called Bacon-Tilapia Noodle Casserole for lunch.  I also grated my thumb (which really hurts) and am sporting a Lightening McQueen band-air, for my trouble.  But, the kids ate it.  And I am comforted by the knowledge that my future daughters-in-law will thank me for setting the bar so low.

[Editor's Note:  According to the internet, which is never wrong, National Clean Out Your Fridge Day is November 15, or the third Wednesday in November.  I may have been misled.  But the deed is done.]

4 comments:

  1. lol...I think I'll clean out the frig this week just before going to the grocery! Wonder what kind of casserole I'll come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just proves that bacon really does make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way ahead of the game then! I'm inadvertantly doing the same this week, to try and save a bit of cash after purchasing four brand new tires for the van today. Ouch, cha-ching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took Hurricane Irene to get me to clean my fridge. No power for 2 - or was it 3 dsys? produced all sorts of mysterious not-so-aromas.

    And guess what I found? A fake fingernail floating in liquid from canned black olives, under the vegetable bin.

    Maybe one of my daughters will marry one of your sons. Things are not looking so good in the cooking department. :)

    ReplyDelete