Monday, May 20, 2013

The F Word, Used Properly


My son said "freaking" this morning.  I'm not using that as a euphemism for the real 'F' word.  "Freaking" is actually what he said.  I've been told that "freaking" is not a bad word.  Wait until it comes out of your kid's mouth.  It sounds pretty bad.

He was telling me about a video game.  As a mother of two boys obsessed with video games, this is what I heard:  I killed blah blah dragons blah. Fire arrows blah kill kill kill. Blah.  Then he said, "I tried to kill the blah blah, and it was so freakingly hard." 

Freakingly?  He said freakingly.  Of course he did.  Because in that sentence, the word is used as an adverb, and freakingly would be correct. 

I love my potty mouthed grammar genius.

5 comments:

  1. Funny! But I wouldn't encourage the use of it in public :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rebecca, he was strongly discouraged. I did point out his proper use of grammar though.

      Delete
    2. Oh, Rebecca, he was strongly discouraged. I did point out his proper use of grammar though.

      Delete
  2. Thus it begins...my older boys KNOW better but Sam does not...well...he does...but certainly TESTS the waters. Sometimes I am DEEPLY disturbed and sometimes I must work VERY HARD to stop myself from smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family, Tracey

    ReplyDelete